March 23, 2020
The Department of Homeland Security recently issued guidance identifying essential critical infrastructure workers. In addition to obvious industries such as Healthcare and Energy, workers in industries that support Agriculture, Transportation, Construction, and Disposal are identified as essential. As such, Lodi Metals may continue to operate under the state of emergency and shelter-in-place orders recently issued and will do so as long as local conditions and restrictions allow.
The safety and well-being of our employees are paramount and we will continue to take action to mitigate the health risks we all currently face. We continue to closely monitor this rapidly changing environment for the best ways to protect our co-workers, customers, vendors, and families while serving the essential needs of our customers.
We will communicate promptly about any changes in local circumstances that affect the opening or closure of any of our locations. For now, all of our locations remain open.
Department of Homeland Security, CISA Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce
List of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers (issued March 19, 2020) includes:
Food and Agriculture
- Employees and firms supporting food, feed, and beverage distribution
- Employees engaged in the manufacture and maintenance of equipment and other infrastructure necessary for agricultural production and distribution.
Transportation and Logistics
- Employees who repair and maintain vehicles, aircraft, rail equipment, marine vessels, and other equipment and infrastructure that enables operations that encompass the movement of cargo and passengers.
- Workers who support to ensure the effective removal, storage, and disposal of residential and commercial solid waste and hazardous waste.
- Workers that are necessary for the manufacturing of materials and products needed for medical supply chains, transportation, energy, communications, food and agriculture, chemical manufacturing, nuclear facilities, the operation of dams, water and wastewater treatment, emergency services, and the defense industrial base.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-807-5634.
Published on 03/23/20